Preparation is the key to success………research the company, its products, services, size and background.
WFS will supply you with all the tools prior to your interview:
- Interviewers name
- Skills & Qualifications required
- Job description
- Type of Person sought
- How to prepare for the interview
- Structure of the interview
The very fact that you are attending the interview indicates that you have the relevant skills for the job….however every client differs and it is vital that you are prepared for the interview to take any format.
Examples of Questions Asked on Interview:
- Explain your CV – especially any gaps
- What do you know about the company?
- What do you understand about the job?
- What skills do you have that are relevant?
- Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.
- Describe a time when you’ve had to use your initiative?
- Why are you looking to leave your current job?
- Why are you unemployed?
- What has been your biggest learning experience over the past six months?
- Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years time?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- What other job interviews have you been on?
What Questions to Ask?
- Who will I be working with?
- What are the working hours?
- What are the company’s plans for the next 6 months?
- Are there any promotion prospects down the line?
- Which departments will I liaise with?
- What’s the reason for the vacancy?
- What training opportunities are there?
- Is the company affected by seasonal trends?
- What is the next stage?
- How many candidates are being interviewed?
- When will you be making a decision?
- Can I have the job!
Other Important Things to Consider:
- Journey time – don’t be late!
- If you are running late – phone ahead
- Bus/train timetables
- First Impressions – dress in a suit, use a briefcase, be neatly groomed
- Research website and competitors
- Be prepared for a different/or several interviewers
- Take a CV, references, relevant certificates and some questions
- Safety – meet at the company’s premises or in a public place
- Tell someone where you are
- Keep eye contact
- Smile at appropriate times
- Don’t smoke before interview
- Good firm handshake
- Body language – don’t slouch, sit upright but be relaxed
- Don’t fiddle or fidget
- Don’t ask about salary or try and negotiate – that’s what we’re here for!
What to Do Next:
Call your consultant immediately after the interview at WFS and give them your feedback – we may even have a decision for you!
If you aren’t successful we will be on hand to give you advice and discuss other opportunities.
>>>>> GOOD LUCK ! <<<<<